Electronic Music Production Certificate
The course focuses your learning on the practical use of computer sequencing, MIDI programming, samplers and synths as well as hard disc recording within the creative context of music production.
With hands-on learning supported by one to one mentors, this part-time course allows a complete novice to quickly start making music and evolve their skills over 6 months.
The 6 months training includes Apple Logic and Ableton Live giving you the skills to take your productions out of the bedroom or studio into the clubs.
- Basic Audio Theory
- During the opening stages of the programme, students are given enough of an introduction to audio theory to demystify terminology and concepts which will be expanded upon later on in the course.
- Students learn arrangement techniques for a wide range of electronic music styles. Emphasis is on beat programming, structure/composition, vocal comping and editing, as well as sound design & mastering fused together with creative use of FX.
- MIDI, Sampling, Synths and Audio Editing
- This is the core focus of the Electronic Music Production Certificate. Students will explore MIDI and the tools that allow them to program and sequence their ideas. They will manipulate and create instruments and drums sounds using samplers as well as design killer bass sounds and soundscapes using synthesizers.
Students will also learn to record vocals and to digitally manipulate recordings to a creative end. The majority of sequence work is carried out using Apple Logic while Electronic music performance is covered through Ableton Live.
- Students cover rudimentary theory and the practical application of common studio tools including effects and dynamic range processors, microphones and loudspeakers.
We recognise that this is not always easy, especially if you don't have an income. This is why we have various payment plan options to help you pay your fees.
There is no recourse to public funding for this course
There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. The only entry requirement is for the participant to be at least 18 years of age upon commencement of the course.
- Start Dates
- Spring: April 2013
Autumn: October 2013
- How to Apply
- Applications can be made directly with us through any of the methods below. At the time of application a registration fee is required to be paid.
By Email - Please download and complete the application form and return it together with scans of supporting documents by clicking here. A member of our admissions team will then contact you to arrange payment of the registration fee.
By Post - Please print and complete the application form, and return it with your supporting documents to Admissions at the campus address displayed to the right of this page.
A member of our admissions team will then contact you to arrange payment of the registration fee.
In Person - Please print and complete the application form and submit it to reception who will also take payment of the registration fee by credit or debit card.
- International Applicants
- International students can apply directly with the campus as stated in the How to Apply section.
As the course is 6 months in duration, Non EU applicants will require a Student Visitor VISA
COURSE DURATION: 6 MONTHS